陈莉君

陈莉君的博客

她的个人主页  她的博客

Meego 与其他手机操作系统PK

陈莉君  2010年02月18日 星期四 17:01 | 2336次浏览 | 10条评论

看到 Meego 推出,无缘由的喜欢,直觉上,因为这个名字“ Meego” ,直译成中文“我行”,再加两个字“我行我素”。实际上,直觉背后,总是隐藏着真实缘由。

在这个网络即地球村的时代,所想即所得,于是,我直奔 Meego 老家 Meego.com ,加入这个家庭(邮件列表)才能感受到村民们互助互进的氛围,仅仅做一个旁观者也很难与家庭成员建立起纽带。

昨天刚刚加入,今天早晨十几封邮件已经悄然躺在邮箱中。其中,大家争论最多的问题之一就是 Meego 到底该采用 rpm 还是 deb ,各抒己见,没有定论。当某一天,我们看到一个活跃的小鸡在面前晃动,可能会在脑子中闪现一下“这小鸡到底是怎么哺成的?”实际上,阅读一封封邮件的过程,就是目睹从鸡蛋演化为小鸡的过程,这其中的乐趣甚至超过看到小鸡出世的那一瞬间。

其中, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky 的邮件中写到:

Yes! In particular, we need marketing and sales people - MeeGo has to be *better* than iPhone / iPad, Android and ChromeOS, and the world needs to know *why* it's better.

我随即发了一封邮件问到:

 Yes! I want to collect the factors why meego's better. How can I do?

   很快,收到他的回复:

 My own take is

1. MeeGo is totally open. Apple is mostly closed. Android is mostly open, but ChromeOS is open only on the device - the actual apps run in Google's cloud.

2. MeeGo is a single platform. for handhelds and netbooks. Apple has an iPhone / iPad platform. and a laptop / desktop platform, and no netbook at all. Google has a handheld platform. and a netbook platform.

3. You can run almost any Linux app on MeeGo, given enough RAM and processor capacity. iPhone / iPad apps need to be developed specifically for the platform. Most open source apps will run on the MacOS X laptops and desktops. Android apps need to be developed specifically for the platform, and ChromeOS "netbooks" don't run apps at all - just a browser.

4. For the developer, I think MeeGo is way easier to work with. But I don't know that developers are the target market. Linux, after all, has one percent of the desktop / laptop market share. ;-) (And 99 percent of my attention share - the other 1 percent is devoted to weekly virus scan and Windows Vista updates. ;-)

随后,我又针对此邮件一一问了问题,不知然间,不同的人从不同角度来回答你,问题的答案也就逐渐浮出水面。

 

评论

我的评论:

发表评论

请 登录 后发表评论。还没有在Zeuux哲思注册吗?现在 注册 !
王炜

回复 王炜  2010年05月24日 星期一 16:07

目前看来,Android的影响实在太大了,它已经形成了自己的一套生态系统。当android的app store形成足够的规模后,击败它是很难的,选择Arm的系统厂估计一般都会选择Android。Meego的机会要看Intel的Moorestown能否做大。所以Intel vs Arm决定了Meego vs Android。

0条回复

黄文彪

回复 黄文彪  2010年04月24日 星期六 09:39

信息真宝贵!

0条回复

边江

回复 边江  2010年02月25日 星期四 09:59

MeeGo 与 Moblin 和 Maemo 比较又有什么优势.

刚刚看了你的另一篇文章才知道: Maemo + Moblin = MeeGo

1条回复

许德练(阿练)

回复 许德练(阿练)  2010年02月18日 星期四 19:31

不错!
我觉得漏掉了重要的一点,就是INTEL&NOKIA 两个大厂商在运作。上面说的都是从技术出发来的,往往不是成败的关键,市场和忽悠才是王道!

2条回复

  • 陈莉君

    回复 陈莉君  2010年02月18日 星期四 21:37

    的确,这市场不缺乏好技术,比如sun,没有市场的技术就像没有门的房子。

    1条回复

      • 黄一文

        回复 黄一文  2010年02月25日 星期四 11:18

        目前,好像还是什么也没有是吧, 连例子都是完全是QT的,没有一点MeeGo的影子

        0条回复

徐继哲

回复 徐继哲  2010年02月18日 星期四 17:31

我觉得他提到的第1、3点很有吸引力。

2条回复

  • 陈莉君

    回复 陈莉君  2010年02月18日 星期四 21:42

    1.Difference between MeeGo and Android is huge. MeeGo is linux and Android is a special kind of java virtual machine.

    2. More to the point: MeeGo is a standard Linux stack, very close to what you get
    for desktop Linux. Android is a Linux kernel with entirely custom (or unusual) userland stack. All the apps are written in Java and run in a special virtual machine.

    3. MeeGo is a pure linux and Android _theoretically_ can be run without linux at all. you just need to bootstrap it's virtual machine. it should work even on windows.
    Android apps do not care about underlying operating system. They care only about virtual machine

    1条回复

暂时没有评论

Zeuux © 2024

京ICP备05028076号